Monday, December 28, 2015

ESPN's Mark Schlabach and I predict the tournament's First Round and Bowl games

(Actually, Mark predicted all the bowl games here, and I plugged in his predictions into my tournament algorithms.  That is if the games turns out like he predicts, the tournament will turn out as presented below.  Usually I use Stewart Mandel's picks, but I cannot find picks with a score or margin of victory by Stew this season.  If they are out there, let me know)

ESPN's Mark Schlabach and I have our predictions for the two First Round games and the four Bowl games in the ten team tournament:

First Round Shreveport:
Mark: Iowa over Houston by 2
Me:  Iowa over Houston by 3

First Round Chicago:
Mark: Notre Dame over TCU by 1
Me:  TCU over Notre Dame by 4

Orange Bowl:
Mark: Clemson over Iowa by 8
Me: Clemson over TCU by 6

Sugar Bowl:
Mark: Ohio State over Oklahoma by 1
Me: Ohio State over Oklahoma by 3

Peach Bowl:
Mark: Alabama over Notre Dame by 12
Me: Alabama over Iowa by 11 

Rose Bowl:
Mark: Stanford over Michigan State by 2
Me: Stanford over Michigan State by 3

Final Four in San Antonio:
Mark: Clemson vs Ohio State; Alabama vs Stanford
Me: Clemson vs Ohio State; Alabama vs Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

MY COLLEGE FOOTBALL TOURNEY from the start of the blog